A Health and Care Worker visa allows medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.


Your job

To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult care giving professional -Don’t have a qualification? Do not panic, we are here to train you and prepare you for the job even if your career path is not in line with the health sector.
  • work in an eligible health or social care job – After training here in Nigeria, you will be placed on a 3months internship program to get you more equipped and have necessary experience that will be needed when you subsequently land a job.
  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office – After training and internship, you will be connected with prospective employers for virtual interviews which we are 99% positive that you will secure the job  after our extensive training and internship.
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK – After a successful interview, your employer will issue a certificate of sponsorship to you.
  • be paid a minimum salary – presently our clients who used our route are currently paid in the range 0f 11$ – 15$ per hour.

Knowledge of English

You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English this proof can be an IELTS certificate.

How long you can stay

Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You’ll need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employer.

If you want to stay longer in the UK

You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

How to apply

Step 1

On boarding: This is where you are admitted into the program. This program trains and qualifies you for the care-giving job. Also, this process includes your registration for the training program that earns you a certificate upon completion.

Step 2

Evaluation and internship: Upon training completion, you are evaluated based on what you have learnt and subsequently placed on an internship wherein you will gain first-hand experience on the proposed job.  There is also a retreat after the completion of the internship.

Step 3

Interview and Job offer: After your internship, you are positioned for an interview with a potential employer; note that you would have undergone a session describing the interview and all it entails. After the interview, a job offer is given and a COS is issued.

Your partner and children can apply to join you or stay in the UK as your ‘dependents’ if they’re eligible.

Step 4

Apply for visa with us

How long it takes

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents.

Getting a decision

Once you’ve been trained, gotten a Job, applied for VISA with us, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

You may be able to pay to get a faster decision.

 How much it costs

You, your partner or children will each need to:

  • First Deposit, Initial payment inclusive of on boarding and training = £2806
  • Second payment before job interview =  £4294
  • Total charge =  £7100 (training and COS)

Healthcare surcharge

You – and your partner or children – will not have to pay the healthcare surcharge.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • work in an eligible job
  • take on additional work in certain circumstances
  • do voluntary work
  • study
  • bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependents’, if they’re eligible
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements

You cannot:

  • apply for most benefits (public funds) or the State Pension
  • change jobs or employer unless you update your visa

If your application is successful, you’ll get a full list of what you can and cannot do with a Health and Care Worker visa.

Benefit of joining the moving train

Global Career Opportunities:

TD Travel in collaboration with Global Professional Program (GPP) opens doors to a global healthcare career, providing opportunities to work in various countries, including the United Kingdom and beyond.


Receive internationally recognized accreditation, boosting your credentials and competitiveness in the healthcare industry.

Customized Training:

Access customized training programs that equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in your chosen healthcare field.

Supportive Community:

Become part of a supportive community of healthcare professionals, mentors, and experts who guide you throughout your career journey.

Simplified Relocation:

We make international relocation easy and comfortable, helping you live and work abroad with confidence.

Your Home in the UK:

Do you know your children of age 5 – 16 years have free education as immigrants in the UK and also there is a free health care provision for immigrants? Make your dream of living in the UK a reality.

Join the ranks of skilled professionals making the UK their permanent home. Your journey to a brighter future begins now!